Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) (2009)
Welcome to the Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) Effectiveness project. MNT is a specific application of the Academy's Nutrition Care Process in clinical settings that is focused on the management of diseases. MNT involves in-depth individualized nutrition assessment and a duration and frequency of care using the Nutrition Care Process to manage disease. Work on this project started in 2007 and was completed in 2009. Highlights of this project include:
- Target population of both adults and children.
- Five (5) sub-topics with links to other projects. Use the links on the left to access the evidence analysis questions and results.
This project is scheduled to be updated in 2014-15.
- Project Resources
The following resources on this topic were developed:
- MNT Presentation - this 60-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the conclusion statements and grades of this project. Ideal for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
Workgroup Chairs of other projects added to assist with specific topics
- Geeta Sikand, MA, RD, FADA, CDE, Chair
- Suzanne Brodney-Folse, PhD, RD
- Naomi Trostler, PhD, RD
- Anne Wolf, MS, RD
- Elvira Q. Johnson, MS, RD, CDE, LDN
- Lucille Beseler, MS, RD, LDN, CDE
- Sharon Stall, MPH, CSR (resigned January 2009)
Project Manager/Lead Analyst
- Theresa L. Dildy, MS, RD,LD, CNSD, Hypertension
- Chris Biesemeier, MS, RD, LD, FADA, LDN, Adult Weight Management
- Jo Ann S. Carson, PhD, RD, LD, Disorders of Lipid Metabolism
- Diane DellaValle, MS, RD
- Ann-Frances Sutherlin, MS, RD, LD
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Pam Michel, MBA, RD
- Esther Myers, PhD, RD
- Laurie Sweet, MS, MHA,, RD, LD (2007-2008)
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Academy Coding and Coverage Committee
: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts