Nutrition Screening (NSCR) (2009-2010)Welcome to the Nutrition Screening Project. Nutrition Screening is the first-step in identifying patients who are at risk of being malnurished. It is used to identify risk factors; use appropriate tools and methods; and involve interdisciplinary collaboration. This project was published between 2009-2010.
Highlights of this project include:
- Sub-topics that include a comparison of Nutrition Screening Tools. Use the links on the left to access the evidence analysis questions and results.
- Expand the Project Resources section below for products that were developed from this project.
Two (2) workgroups are being convened to update this project. One workgroup will focus on the adult population while a second workgroup will focus on the pediatric populations. Both systematic reviews are scheduled to be published in the fall of 2017.
- Project Resources
The following resources were developed:
- Nutrition Screening Project Presentation - This 45-slide MS PowerpOint prsentation includes all conclusion statements and grades ready for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
- Maree Ferguson, MBA, PhD, RD, Chair
- Victoria H. Castellanos, PhD, RD
- Cinda Chima, MS, RD, LD
- Judy Porcari, MBA, MS, RD
- Nancy Nevin-Folino, MEd, RD, CSP, LD, FADA
- Annalynn Skipper, PhD, RD, FADA
- Pam Charney, PhD, RD (resigned)
- Tami Piemonte, MS, RD, LDN
- Kyle Thompson, MS, RD, CSG, CD, CNSD
- Julieanne Dzik Andereson, MPH, RD, LD
- Kimberly Sasser Bandalier, MPH, RD, LD
- Kathleen Burzynski, MS, RD, LD, CDE, CNSC
- Alison Dvorak, MS, RD
- Andrea Hutchins, PhD, RD
- Karma Marino, PhD, MPH, RD
- Patricia Mendoza, MS, RD, LD
- Jen Nicholson, PhD, RD
- Maureen K. Olson, MA, RD, LD
- Julie Shertzer, MS, RD, LD
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kay Howarter, MS, RD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Esther Myers, PhD, RD
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts.